I challenge Rich James and others who feel a tingle up their leg about the Illiana Expressway to answer the following:
1. How will a toll road 20 miles distant from U.S. 30 and 25 miles distant from I-80 reduce traffic thereon?
2. Enumerate the permanent jobs apart from one or two toll collectors that Illiana will create.
3. Do you recommend the use of spoons instead of shovels so more temporary jobs will be created?
4. Would an expansion of Ind. 10 accomplish the same purpose at less cost?
5. Does Illiana increase the prospects for Gary/Chicago International Airport or Peotone?
6. Will those whose land will be taken be paid for inconvenience? Will we receive free lawyers as criminals do?
7. Will property values next to or near the Illiana increase or decrease due to Illiana?
8. To what extent will Lake County tax revenue be reduced?
9. If the Illiana proves to be a flop, who will end up paying the bill?
10. Who speaks up for the little guy?
– Bill Kowalski, Cedar Lake
Full story here.
If you think you may be affected by the Illiana Expressway and/or are interested in a free consultation, contact our eminent domain landowner attorneys at 1-888-318-3761 or visit us on the web at www.landownerattorneys.com.
What are the unique issues that face commercial property owners in condemnation that can make all the difference?LEARN MORE
Landowners forget this one thing when dealing with utility companies that want an easement across their land.LEARN MORE
What you need to know to be treated fairly by the condemning authority.LEARN MORE
Before going alone against the State let us give you our opinion. It is our pledge that we will provide a free case review for any individual or business facing eminent domain or condemnation. Contact us now at 888-318-3761