Work is progressing for the much anticipated Elgin O’Hare Expressway at a quicker pace. Some aspects of the project include:
• New interchanges on the Elgin-O’Hare Expressway will include Park Boulevard and Arlington Heights Road in Itasca, Wood Dale Road in Wood Dale, and Route 83 in Bensenville.
• New interchanges on the bypass will include Higgins Road (Route 72) in Elk Grove Village, Irving Park Road in Bensenville, and an interconnected system at the nexus of Taft Avenue, County Farm Road and Green Street/Franklin Avenue in Franklin Park.
• Planners intend to create a full interchange at I-90 and Elmhurst Road and to improve the problematic I-294 connection with eastbound North Avenue in Elmhurst as part of the work.
• Toll rates on the expressway and extension will be about 20 cents a mile.
• Completing the project could require up to 596 acres, including seven homes and 52 businesses, although those numbers could decrease.
Most importantly, however, Tollway officials Thursday authorized staff engineers to start acquiring land for the Elmhurst Road interchange. The property is needed for both widening of the Jane Addams as well as the expressway.
Sever Storey is responding to this accelerated schedule by holding a free, open to the public, seminar at the following date, time and location:
February 28, 2013, 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Wood Dale Public Library
520 North Wood Dale Road
Wood Dale, IL 60191
If you are interested in attending the seminar or would be interested in a free Sever Storey speaking arrangement contact our attorneys at any time at 1-888-318-3761 or visit us on the web at www.landownerattorneys.com.
Full story here.
What are the unique issues that face commercial property owners in condemnation that can make all the difference?LEARN MORE
Landowners forget this one thing when dealing with utility companies that want an easement across their land.LEARN MORE
What you need to know to be treated fairly by the condemning authority.LEARN MORE
Before going alone against the State let us give you our opinion. It is our pledge that we will provide a free case review for any individual or business facing eminent domain or condemnation. Contact us now at 888-318-3761