© Copyright 2023 SEVER STOREY. All Rights Reserved.
In mid-April, Governor Quinn presented Illinois’ six year construction plan for the improvement and creation of highways and streets. These plans run from Fiscal Year 2014-2019 and detail all the planned projects across the state (Note: Fiscal Year 2014 begins July 1, 2013). Below are the highlights for local projects in Springfield, IL and the surrounding areas for Fiscal Year 2014:
* $1.4 million for resurfacing of Interstate 55 from north of Andrew Road to the merge ramp in Sherman.
* $13.2 million for bridge repair and resurfacing of Interstate 72 from just east of Springfield to east of Overpass Road.
* $10 million for bridge repair and resurfacing of I-72 from Lanesville Road to the Macon County line.
* $9 million for additional lanes and resurfacing Illinois 29/Dirksen Parkway from north of Ridge Avenue to north of Clear Lake Avenue. SEVER STOREY NOTE: SS Attorneys have already begun marketing to this project.
* $19.5 million for additional lanes, sidewalks and shoulders on Wabash Avenue from Koke Mill Road to Moffat Street in Curran. SEVER STOREY NOTE: SS Attorneys have already begun marketing to this project.
* $1.9 million for resurfacing of Wabash Avenue from Koke Mill Road to Park Avenue.
* $3.7 million for replacement of the Spring Creek bridge on Camp Lincoln Road.
* $2.3 million to construct a taxiway at Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport.
* $2 million for bridge replacement on Illinois 48 over Bear Creek southwest of Palmer.
* $2.6 million for reconstruction of the Brighton/Bunker Hill Road from Brighton to Bunker Hill.
* $13. 4 million for bridge replacement and maintenance on I-55 north of Lincoln to Atlanta.
*$2.9 million for bridge replacement on Illinois 10 over Sugar Creek overflow south of New Holland.
Full story here.
If you think you may be affected by these projects or are interested in a free consultation, contact our eminent domain landowner attorneys at 1-888-318-3761 or visit us on the web at www.landownerattorneys.com.
What are the unique issues that face commercial property owners in condemnation that can make all the difference?LEARN MORE
Landowners forget this one thing when dealing with utility companies that want an easement across their land.LEARN MORE
What you need to know to be treated fairly by the condemning authority.LEARN MORE