In mid-April, Governor Quinn presented Illinois’ six year construction plan for the improvement and creation of highways and streets. These plans run from Fiscal Year 2014-2019 and detail all the planned projects across the state (Note: Fiscal Year 2014 begins July 1, 2013). Below are the highlights for local projects in Bourbonnais and surrounding areas:
• 4.2 miles of resurfacing, bridge replacement, culvert replacement and median crossover over the Kankakee River south of Illinois Route 17 in Kankakee; a new bridge deck under Waldron Road in Kankakee; land acquisition and bridge replacement under North Street in Bradley. Cost: $41.3.
• 8 miles of resurfacing and a bridge replacement on I-57 in Iroquois County from U.S. Route 24 to Illinois Route 116. Cost: $22.3 million.
• 6.4 miles of resurfacing on I-57 from the Champaign County line to the Iroquois County line. Cost: $12.7 million.
• A new bridge deck on I-57 near Clifton at Old U.S. Route 45 and the Illinois Central Railroad. Cost: $5.8 million.
• Bridge replacement and land acquisition on I-57 over Larry Power Road. Cost: $4 million.
• Bridge replacement, utility adjustment and land acquisition on I-57 under St. George Road. Cost: $3.6 million.
• 3.8 miles of resurfacing on Illinois Route 50 from Manteno to Bourbonnais Township. Cost: $1.7 million.
• Bridge replacement on Illinois Route 102 over Rock Creek. Cost: $3.3 million.
• 2 miles of resurfacing on Illinois Route 50 from Bradley to Kankakee. Cost: $1.3 millions.
• 4.6 miles of resurfacing on Illinois Route 1/17. Cost $1.6 million.
• 6.7 miles of resurfacing on Illinois Route 17 from Herscher Road to Norfolk Southern Railroad. Cost: $1.5 million.
• 3.9 miles of resurfacing on Illinois Route 1 from the Will County line to Illinois Route 17. Cost: $1 million.
• Bridge replacement on Illinois Route 115 over Gar Creek. Cost: $1 million.
• 6.8 miles of resurfacing, pavement widening, patching and bridge repair on I-55 in Livingston and Grundy County. Cost: $13.6 million.
• 9 miles of resurfacing on Illinois Route 115 from County Highway 18 to Main Street in Cabery. Cost: $2.2 million.
Full story here.
If you think you may be affected by these projects or are interested in a free consultation, contact our eminent domain landowner attorneys at 1-888-318-3761 or visit us on the web at www.landownerattorneys.com.
What are the unique issues that face commercial property owners in condemnation that can make all the difference?LEARN MORE
Landowners forget this one thing when dealing with utility companies that want an easement across their land.LEARN MORE
What you need to know to be treated fairly by the condemning authority.LEARN MORE
Before going alone against the State let us give you our opinion. It is our pledge that we will provide a free case review for any individual or business facing eminent domain or condemnation. Contact us now at 888-318-3761